As Seen on Fox 11: 4th of July Burgers
We know a lot of you will be mastering your grilling skills in the next few days. Here are some tasty variations from Chef Colin on getting a little more flare into your fare:
- Sweet-N-Spicy consists of adding pickled Serrano peppers with a yummy apricot chutney. You can buy apricot chutney at the store as well.
- Add arugula and cabbage salad that sits on the burger with red pepper vinaigrette.
- Use bacon jam with caramelized onions and bacon, with a Humboldt Fog bleu cheese. You can grill the bacon right next to the burger to save time.
- Quesadilla burger — add pico de gallo, cheese, avocado and wrap it with tortilla which has a bit less carbs. Plus it’s still a cheeseburger!
- Mediterranean burger – This one is “Animal style” (e.g. no bun) with some lettuce, hummus, roasted pepper, avocado and artichokes
Buy the best ground chuck or sirloin you can get. We use 85% lean beef /15% fat. Low fat it important so the burger doesn’t get dry.